1. Personal information that we collect
2. How we use personal information
3. How personal information may be disclosed
4. Cookies and other tracking technologies
5. Third party applications, google maps &social media accounts.
6. International transfer of information
7. How long we keep information
8. Data security.
9. Your privacy rights
10. Breach of data
11. Do-not-track feature controls
12. California residents’ specific privacy rights.
13. Policy updates.
14. How to review, update, or delete any data that we collect from you.
15. Contacting us about this policy
1. Personal information that we collect We collect information from you in two ways: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes: i) information you actively share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites, and ii) information you provide us passively through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business the personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following. a) Personal identifiers, such as name and address. b) Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address, email addresses; business email; business phone number; business entity filings, corporate affiliations, and business associates. c) Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits. d) Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers and driver’s license numbers. e) Demographic information, such as age and date of birth. f) Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information. g) Health and health insurance information, such as prescription numbers and health insurance identification numbers. h) Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality. i) Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned. j) Biometric information, such as imagery of the iris, retina, and fingerprints. k) Location information, such as geo-location information. l) Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings. m) Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships. n) Background and criminal information, such as background checks and criminal. o) Taxation, pension, and maternity leave information p) Job application data such as background checks, work performance, salary bonuses and disciplinary actions. q) Social media login data. Sensitive data: In some cases, we may handle so-called special categories of personal data about you, which may be considered sensitive .We collect data about health, DNA, medical records, past and current partners; political and social affiliation to different groups. Before we handle sensitive personal data about you, we require your consent to do so. We will not handle any sensitive personal data that we are not permitted by you to handle, or that you have not provided us with. A limited amount of our personnel will have access to your sensitive personal data. Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's contacts, camera, microphone, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings. We may collect information regarding your geo-location by requesting permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. For example: cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites; web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect information on our websites for their own business purposes using cookies, Through social media sign-on. We offer a quick registration option using your existing social media accounts via an App or the website. If you log in to our sites using a social media account, you are granting permission to that social media company to share your user details with us and to collect information about you and how you use our site (which process we do not control and will be subject to the terms and conditions of your social media account). This will include that social media company tracking or identifying when you share one of our stories through their site. When you use social sign-on, we will gather the information you have already used in the process of registering for that social media site (in accordance with your preferences provided to that site and/or to us at the point that you use our social sign-on)
2. How we use your personal information.
a) To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests. b) To send administrative information to you, such as about your account and to respond to your inquiries and requests for information. c)To communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, donations, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and accounts, to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message, always having regard to your preferences. e) To re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while. f) To send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners. g) To improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us. h) To make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device. i) To Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage. j) To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds. k) To perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and services. l) To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence. m) To detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud. n) To facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites. o) To provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls. p) To enforce our terms and conditions. q) To protect our operations or those of our affiliates. r) To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others. s) To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. t) To Keep you updated on any services you have subscribed to, or any products you have purchased, and/or about similar services unless you have told us otherwise. u) To enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
3. How personal information may be disclosed.
We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as marketing communications and web analytics. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us We may also disclose personal information about visitors to our website: As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request. If Globesolute is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets. In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice. Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services or Apps or websites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions. Offer Wall. Our Apps may display a third-party hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in our apps or website and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will leave our mobile application. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account. We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation-Amazon Mobile Ads Affiliate Marketing Programs-AliExpress Affiliate Allow Users to connect to their Third-Party Accounts-Disqus account, Amazon account, Facebook account, Blogger account, Dropbox account, account, Google account, Instagram account. Cloud Computing Services-Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Communicate and Chat with Users-Customer.io, CleverReach, ClickDesk Live Chat, Crisp, dotmailer, SurveyMonkey, Freshchat, GetResponse, Widget, LiveChat, MailUp, Zendesk Chat, ZOHO Campaigns. Content Optimization-Getty Images plugins and extensions, Google Calendar widget, SoundCloud embedded player, Vimeo video and YouTube video embed Data Backup and Security-Google Drive Backup, Amazon Glacier, Dropbox Backup and Vaultpress Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization-Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Storage, Akamai Content Delivery Network and Cloud 66 Retargeting Platforms-AdRoll, Adobe Audience Manager, Google Ads Remarketing and Oracle BlueKai DMP Social Media Sharing and Advertising-Facebook advertising, AngelList social plugins, Facebook social plugins, Firebase Dynamic Links, Google+ social plugins, Instagram advertising, LinkedIn social plugins, PayPal plugins, Twitter advertising, YouTube social plugins, Tumblr social plugins, Socialize and Snapchat advertising User Account Registration and Authentication-Facebook Login, Instagram Authentication, YouTube OAuth 2.0, Windows Live Connect, Twitter OAuth and Bitly OAuth User Commenting and Forums-Disqus, Facebook Comments, Google Tag Manager and Segment Website Hosting-WordPress.com, Blogger, ePages, Shopify and Tumblr Website Performance Monitoring-, Firebase Crash Reporting, Uptime Robot and Web Performance Website Testing-Adobe Target, Cloudflare, Google Play Console, Google Website Optimizer and Visual Website Optimizer
4. Cookies and other tracking technologies.
5. Third party applications, google maps &social media accounts.
6. International transfer of information By using or accessing our Sites or contacting us and giving your information to us, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be collected in, transferred to and accessed by the company, third parties and other business partners and/or agents located in countries outside of your country or residence in accordance with applicable law. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others .Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and provide a level of protection of personal information that is comparable to that of your country of residence. Transferring your personal data to certain countries outside the European Union Area may not require additional safeguards, for example where the country has the benefit of an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission. If there has been no adequacy decision for the country that will mean that the laws of these countries are not deemed to provide adequate protection for your personal data. In those circumstances, we may implement any mechanism that is approved under data protection laws to ensure that your personal data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with EU, United Kingdom Data Protection Act 2018, Swiss laws on data protection. These measures include the following: Ensuring that the recipient is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield; and/ or implementing EU GPDR standard contractual clauses with the recipient; holding recipient to account for data protection measures, or merely providing them with anonymized data that can in no way be connected to you. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework: We are committed to subjecting all personal information received from the European Economic Area (EEA) in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. Globesolute complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States and has certified its compliance with it. As such, Company is committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the List. Globesolute is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EEA, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Globesolute is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
7. How long we keep information We may anonymize (remove identifying particulars such as names, addresses and telephone and other contacts) so that it can no longer be used to identify you, and provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as marketing communications and web analytics. These companies are authorized to use such information only as necessary to provide these services to us, or for statistical purposes. We may also disclose information about visitors to, our website: As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request. We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, which includes satisfying any legal, accounting, reporting, communication or other requirements imposed on us, following which time it is either anonymized, deleted or destroyed. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, basis of processing, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this privacy statement. We may collect, use and share anonymized information for any purpose.
8. Data security.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on the website's servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. We maintain high levels of technical security in all systems (including traceability, disaster recovery, access limitations etc.). Such policies also set out our standards for when we contract suppliers or introduce new IT systems within our operations. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but transmission of personal information to and from our Services or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. Your privacy rights. According to the applicable data protection legislation, you have certain rights as a data subject. Your rights include the following:
10. Breach of data
In the event that Globesolute Corporation becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information Globesolute Corporation will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
11. Do not track feature controls.
12. California residents’ specific privacy rights.
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose. You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain website or in-store functions that require your personal information to operate you can ask that we stop selling your personal information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services. If you ask us to delete or stop sharing your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
13. Policy updates.
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new website features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of information about you and your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. We will notify you by means of a notice on this page or by email, prior to any material changes becoming effective.
14. How to review, update, or delete any data that we collect from you
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here. We will respond to your request within fourteen (14) days or less.
15. Contacting us about this policy.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Martha, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +254202111888, or by post to: Globesolute Corporation 5042 Wilshire Boulevard, #39895 Los Angeles, CA 90036 United States or P.O. Box 74559-00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
Last Revised on 9th November, 2020.